Senior Digital Strategist
Stamats Communications, Inc.
2013 – Present
Stamats serves the Higher Education market and helps colleges, universities, and similar entities to build their brands, create marketing strategies around awareness and recruitment, and supports their marketing needs for both. As a digital strategist I work directly with the sales team, designers, development and the great people at work at higher education institutions.
- Evaluate RFPs and review and/or write proposal responses to support the sales team.
- Analyze client websites and goals, help to determine strategic actions for website redesigns with a focus on converting websites to responsive layouts.
- Assess SEO efforts and make recommendations for SEO improvement including organic search, paid search, social media strategies, and content development.
- Create digital marketing plans and implementation strategies that incorporate paid and free platforms including websites, social media, advertising platforms, video, storytelling, and networking tools.
- Regularly meet with clients to discuss goals, challenges, progress on projects, and suggest ongoing strategies.
- Write and deliver comprehensive analyses of digital efforts and prepare monthly reports on metrics of digital advertising and SEO efforts.
- Forecast advertising spend and return based on available impressions, activity and engagement.
Digital Strategy Consultant
Self/ de Novo Alternative Marketing
2012 – 2013
Work directly with a variety of agency clients to assess their digital branding and marketing presence, then propose and implement action plans to bring them up to date via web, video, social media and online advertising.
- Use analytical data (Google Analytics) to baseline online presence and keyword activity.
- Perform keyword and competitor research to set target strategy for digital marketing plan.
- Organize site structure and wireframe web site for modifications. Perform site development, content writing and SEO optimization.
- Integrate strategies for social media, blogging, and online advertising (primarily Google Adwords and Facebook Advertising) to increase branding and SEO.
- Utilize testing and focus groups for usability and feedback on site structure and product value.
Content Team Leader
2010 – 2012
Clickstop maintained a suite of ten eCommerce web sites with a focus on driving search engine traffic & PPC traffic for high volume sales. The content team was charged with organic SEO optimization based on keyword research. As marketing director those efforts expanded to include branding, product strategy, PR, and design work/direction.
- Keyword research and performance measurement using Google Analytics, rank checking software, Google Adwords and sales conversion/lead CRM data.
- Organic page optimization through keyword rich sales copy, images, video, and page tags.
- Generate inbound links via article writing, associations, social media and blogger relationships.
- Social media management of Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ & Twitter accounts.
- Manage two internal copywriters, on-demand contract writers, set marketing team objectives.
Program Manager/Marketing Manager
2006 – 2010
Managed GoDaddy’s reseller program, Wild West Domains, and internal affiliate program to develop and build web-based software interfaces; define scope of product services, market the programs to customers and help customers utilize the programs to earn personal income.
- Developed online content and promotional plans for ecommerce products.
- Worked directly with multiple development teams, designers and copywriters to scope and implement software and web site changes.
- Managed a team of four programmers and two quality assurance technicians.
- Wrote and edited documentation and blog articles, including marketing tips and tricks series.
E-Marketing Manager – NSCA – 2005 – 2006
Web Developer, Marketing Department – Fiserv Insurance Solutions – 2001 – 2005
Systems Integrator – PMX Industries – 1995 – 2001